Happy Friday my loves!! I hope you had a pleasant and productive week and are kicking back this evening enjoying your vice of choice. As promised, I’m sharing a forgiveness ritual for those of you ready to free yourself from anger and bitterness. Trust me, I know how hard it is to forgive someone who has wronged you. I used to have monogrammed luggage that I carried my grudges in. That shit gets heavy after a while so believe me, it is best to let it go. If it makes it any easier don’t think of forgiveness as excusing someone who betrayed you. Think of it as choosing not to go to prison for assault with a deadly weapon or attempted murder. If you’re a Pisces have a seat or your ass is going down for murder. You how Y’all are prone to blacking out when angry. The ritual is easy to do. Best of all you can do it as often as you need to.
- Breathe. Take a few deep, cleansing breaths to help calm and center yourself.
- Play music. Choose an instrumental or something that relaxes you.
- Take a moment to think about the person or persons you wish to forgive. This can be you as well. Let’s be honest, we are our harshest critics. We need to forgive ourselves for mistakes we’ve made on occasion.
- Write down the situation. Who hurt you? Name them. Write what happened and how it made you feel. Include as much detail as you can, this is important for the effectiveness of the ritual.
- Spend a few minutes visualizing the situation as being resolved. Visualize the person apologizing for their actions. Picture yourself forgiving them and allowing yourself to feel the emotions you would feel if it actually occurred.
- Take a slow, deep, cleansing breath and say out loud, “I forgive you.”
- Take the paper and burn it then flush or scatter the ashes or shred it to release your attachment to it. Let the Universe handle it from there.